Wednesday, June 4, 2008

mean vs. nice

Why is it so much easier to be mean. I did a really good deed for my mom this week. She has praised me nonstop for going the distance for her....I finally asked her "Was I so bad before?". I know I am not the nicest person in the world and I am well known for my verbal diarrhea but I didn't think I was that bad. My mother and I have always had kind of a strained relationship. It has only been recent that we are good friends. I love and respect her but I don't like her very much sometimes. I think she can be selfish and self-centered and I think she has the same opinion of me. I have four brothers and sisters and I am definitely NOT the squeeky wheel. I'm painfully independent. I could count on one hand the times I have asked her for help. I have always paid back money when I owed it. I always help with holiday preparation. I say this because my brothers and sister DO NOT do these things. I just keep thinking about what my mom always says..."we don't do nice things for the reward we might receive for doing them".

1 comment:

Moohaa said...

I could swear I've had that conversation with my mom before. I'm sorry sweetie. I can never make my mom happy.

Don't worry about your first post being down or whatever. It's life. That is part of blogging. Share the good and bad, crappy or not. I don't know what to say about Jesi, but I'm sure glad she has you.

I'm so happy to see you on Blogger!! This is so cool.