Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gotta get healthy

A few weeks ago I had my yearly exam. I opted to get a blood test to check my thyroid because I just knew that was the cause of my problems. Thyroid came back fine but my cholesterol...WHOA mama...it was 30 points high. 30!!!! I'm only 37 and I have early signs of heart disease. It runs in my family. Dad had all 5 valves worked on several years ago. Well just today, James and I were laying in bed watching television; it was a story about a 42 yr old woman with heart disease. I told James we just needed to get busy getting healthy. I looked up fish recipes and we went shopping. While we were at Wal-mart we checked our blood pressure. I was in the pre-hypertension range and he was even worse than that. We needed to get serious. We bought no sugar products whatsoever. I bought almonds and low dose aspirin. I figure every little bit helps. Maybe I can talk James into a walk now.

No comments: